Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Busy Schedule

I'm pretty happy because today I was looking at the calendar and I noticed that 3 of the next 5 weekends will involve horse shows!

August 13, 2011 - Spruce View Open Horse Show

This one I'll be going to with my parents and my 3 nieces. My dad won't be showing, but hopefully my mom will be ready to show this weekend! It'll be the first time we're in the same classes. Also, my 3 nieces will be showing as well. I think we will have one in the PeeWee (8 and under), one in the walk-trot and one in the leadline, but there's a chance the oldest one will show walk-trot as well. My one niece is even planning to show Scarface in PeeWee showmanship and walk-trot. This show is mostly for my mom and nieces, but it will be nice for Scarface to have a chance to get back in to "show mode." He will be one tired pony by the end!

August 27, 2011 - Burnt Lake Stables Dressage Schooling Show

My first ever dressage show. I'll be riding 2 training level tests. Hopefully everything goes well!

September 11, 2011 - Double W Dressage Schooling Show

Planning to attend a second dressage schooling show in September!

Unfortunately, that will be all the shows I can go to this year, since after the 11th, I will be going to school full time (5 days a week) and working part time (the other 2 days a week). With homework, midterms and all the rest, I won't be able to make it out to see Scarface very often once school starts. I guess the fact that I'm taking a course call "Introduction to Equine Studies" next term will help make up for it though!

No comments:

Post a Comment