Monday, August 1, 2011

Long Weekend Fun!

This past weekend was a long one thanks to Heritage Day today. I spent the weekend at my parents' house and rode all three days, which was awesome. It was nice to go out and visit Scarface and my parents both rode with me as well, which is nicer than riding alone.

I'm planning to take Scarface to a dressage schooling show in the early September. Neither of us have ever done dressage before, but we've done a lot of equitation and horsemanship patterns and low level dressage is basically just a really long equitation pattern. The hardest part so far has been trying to learn the patterns! I think I've got Training test 1 straight in my head. Now I have to learn the rest of them!

I think the biggest things we need to work on are our free walk (which usually involves Scarface gawking all over, or plodding along like he's been galloping all day) and our stretched forward and down trot circle.

My mom wanted some pictures taken of us riding, so here are a couple shots my dad took of us working on our pattern (while dodging the trail obstacles). I got heat stroke yesterday because I didn't wear sunscreen or a hat, so I was all decked out today!



In my next post, I'll introduce you all to my two-year-old filly, Lily! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your comment!!
    1) Welcome to the land of blog!!
    2) Scarface is absolutely adorable (and his name reminds me of the lion king)
    3) i cant wait to read your next post and see how the dressage show went
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting ready for the dressage show. Good for you for trying somethig new.Bet you do great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck at the dressage show. Take lots of pictures :)

    Scarface is lovely - you look like a good pair. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete